Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cinderella - Rebecca Enock

My friend Rose called me and told me her sister, Rebecca, needed a dress for her high school ball. As expected I took the challenge, then later that week I met with Rose and Rebecca. When I asked Rebecca what kind of dress she had in mind, she said I want a dress similar to Cinderella’s ball gown. I cannot lie, I was utterly shocked and I thought to myself, she’ll change her mind as time goes by and we had about two months before the big day.
I did not think she really wanted the dress, I strongly believed she just wanted something amazing, new, classy and out of the box that would make her feel like Cinderella. I didn’t mind that, I just had to come up with a fantastic dress that would give her the feeing she so desired.
Sketches were done, measurements were taken, now it was time to buy fabrics, I asked her again but she remained adamant that she wanted a Cinderella dress. This was tough for me, because I didn’t believe she had the courage to pull this one off. I believe if you want to pull off a classic like this one you really need the character, attitude, boldness and strength to carry all that weight – the skirt is a bit heavy.
As less condemnatory as possible I asked the question “is there a theme”? As if she had been waiting for me to ask, she says, “Fairytale”. All of a sudden, the weight was lifted off my shoulders. We bought everything we needed, I then started work.
Two weeks later we met for fittings, she loved everything, and we decided to add a twist to the dress, we made the skirt a bubble, and it just looked amazing. Two weeks later she picked it up, I could tell she was another satisfied customer and she lived happily ever after. The End

2 comments: